What is Community Participation Support?
Community participation support provides opportunities and support for community inclusion and building interest in and developing skills and potential for competitive integrated employment. Services should result in active, valued participation in a broad range of integrated activities that build on the participant’s interests, preferences, gifts and strengths while reflecting his or her desired outcomes related to employment, community involvement and membership.
This service involves participation in integrated community settings. Participants will develop and sustain a range of valued social roles and relationships; building natural supports; increasing independence; and experiencing meaningful community participation and inclusion.
Activities include the following supports for:
- Pursuing competitive integrated employment
- Participating in community activities, organizations, groups, associations and clubs to develop social networks
- Participating in activities that provide purpose and responsibility
- Fine and gross motor development and mobility
- Participating in community opportunities related to the development of hobbies or leisure/cultural interests or to promote personal health and wellness
- Participating community adult learning opportunities
- Participating in volunteer opportunities
- Opportunities focused on training and education of self-determination and self-advocacy
- Learning to navigate the local community, including learning to use public and/or private transportation and other transportation options available in the local area
- Developing and/or maintaining social networks and reciprocal relationships with members of the broader community
- Referral and 18 years or older
- Meeting with our intake coordinator
- Physical examination, TB test, and proof of D/T immunization within the past 10 years